An exciting opportunity has arisen for a general position at a club in Nairobi.
Job Objective: Directs all hotel operations, and assesses, evaluates and meets the short and long-term needs of the hotel to ensure its success.
- Develops and implements the strategic plan, marketing plan, budget and Goals program to ensure on an on-going basis optimum guest satisfaction, sales potential and profitability.
- Ensures highest level of guest satisfaction by providing, within corporate standards, quality guest services and amenities.
- Manages the function of all hotel personnel through supervision of second in command and, directly or indirectly, of hotel department heads.
- Monitors present and future trends, practices and systems in the hotel industry and determines ad ensure execution of competitive programs.
- Participates actively in selling his hotel through personal involvement with all potentials markets
- Conducts weekly inspections and ensures physical facilities are kept in optimal condition by full implementation of preventive maintenance programs and judicious planning
- Oversees and directs the personnel function of the hotel including recruitment, hiring, orientation, coaching, counseling, training wage and salary administration, labor relations, performance appraisal and succession planning.
- Is responsible for security and safety of guest and employees and ensures emergency procedures are established, well publicized, practiced and enforced.
- Implements Management Development and Succession Plans in coordination with Corporate and Divisional staff and recommends high quality management candidates.
- Monitors applicable laws and regulations and ensures compliance.
- Established and maintains effective internal communication including weekly department head meeting to ensure optimum teamwork and productivity.
- Establishes and maintains a prominent level of visibility and involvement in his property and in business, social and governmental communities.
- Establishes and maintain effective employee relations
- Installs and monitors cash management programs including inventories and receivables
- Develops recognition programs, advertising and promotion campaigns to obtain greatest market awareness and patronage
- Reviews energy conservation programs to ensure minimum energy and utility consumption without sacrificing human comfort.
- Monitors purchasing practices to ensure compliance with IHC policy and procedures
- Contributes to LRH growth by identifying communication potential development opportunities.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication with owning company and keeps fully aware of its organizations and operating structures.
- Performs other assignments as defined by the needs of the property or as directed by supervisors
- The ability to work and communicate effectively with the general public, other members of the team and with all levels of management
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- The ability to remain calm and effective under pressure.
- Team player
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Good IT skills
- Ability to carry out risk assessments
- Full understanding of licensing responsibilities and environmental health standards
- Awareness of statutory requirements applicable to food and drink service.
- Proven experience in established bar, restaurant, conference or banqueting business
- People management/team leader experience with the ability to motivate and inspire performance
- Experience of being both a team leader and team member with proven ‘people skills.
- Good general level of education
- Diploma in Food and Beverage
- Basic Food Hygiene
- First Aid
- Health & Safety
- Supervisory Training
- Customer Care
- Flexible towards hours of work. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their CV and Application letter only to; firstname.lastname@example.org Cc to email@example.com so as to reach us by Friday 19th August 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
State your expected salary.