Important Notes: Please carefully follow the application instructions at the end of this document. Watervale Investments will never ask applicants for payment as part of the application process.
About Watervale Investments: Watervale Investments is a young and quickly-growing company serving Kenya’s furniture industry.
About the Position: The Customer Engagement Officer role will focus on developing and managing relationships with our customers.
This is a long-term, salaried position with the added opportunity of earning commissions from sales.
Goals and Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for placing orders according to credit rules and credit limit established by your supervisor
- Manage customers’ payment schedule and ensure that customers adhere to credit limits
- Build long-term relationships with clients and service recurring order needs
- Provide all customer support required by the clients in your portfolio
- Build and grow relationships within the furniture manufacture industry
- Use industry networks and other means to generate new leads on an on-going basis
- Develop a strong understanding of competitors and competing products on the market
- Pursue leads, research prospects and make initial introductory calls
- Make product presentations which show an in-depth understanding of our products and the client’s needs
- Offer recommendations to your supervisor about creditworthiness of new customers
- Close relationships and coordinate orders with our warehouse
- A preference for 1-2 years’ experience in a role with sales or customer relations responsibilities
- Furniture industry knowledge or experience is a plus, but not a requirement
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills and success developing productive professional relationships
- A mature professional who can comfortably relate with business owners and senior purchasing managers
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail—ability to analyze customer statements and proactively identify and address issues with customer accounts
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Eager to join a young, quickly-growing organization and team
Please visit the link below to apply online for this and any other available positions:
If you have any questions or problems, please email email@example.com, however please note we cannot receive applications via this email address.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by email or phone for an interview.