General Purpose: Provide financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate payment of accounts under his or her control.
- Maintain up-to-date Customer accounts.
- Generate and send out invoices
- Follow up on, collect and allocate payments
- Carry out billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines
- Perform account reconciliations
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Generate aging analysis
- Review AR aging to ensure compliance
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files and records
- Follow established procedures for processing receipts, cash etc
- Prepare bank deposits
- Investigate and resolve customer queries
- Process adjustments
- Develop a recovery system and initiate collection efforts
- Communicate with customers via phone, email, mail or personally
- Assist with month-end closing
- Collect data and prepare monthly reports
- Degree in a related field.
- At least CPA 2
- 1-3 years accounts receivable and general accounting experience
- Previous experience in a busy accounting environment
- Knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures
- Knowledge of general accounting principals
- Proficient in relevant computer software including SAP
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Information management
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Team member
- Stress tolerance
- Sense of urgency
- Customer service skills
Send a cover letter and a detailed CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2450”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2450, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 5th October 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.