Department: AME / Reporting
Position: AME Manager Kenya / Somalia
Contract duration: 6 months, renewable
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Starting Date: ASAP
We go the last kilometer: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas.
With a budget of 164 million EUR in 2014, ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
II. Country Profile
Capital Office: Nairobi
National Staff: 76
Areas: 6 (Samburu, Baringo and Mandera in Kenya and Gedo, Baidoa and Lower Juba in Kismayo)
On-going programmes: 5
ACTED launched its Kenya mission in January of 2008 with an emergency assistance program for residents in Nairobi slums affected by the post election violence.
In 2015, ACTED has been delivering emergency as well as long term development programming across the Arid and Semi-Arid Lands and is focussed on Early Warning, Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience interventions.
In 2015, ACTED’s operations in Somalia are focused on Food Security, Livelihood, WASH, and Multi-sector Resilience programming.
ACTED’s interventions aim to support those districts which are underserved, difficult to access, and display high levels of vulnerability.
III. Position Profile
The Country AME manager is responsible for developing tools for appraisal, monitoring and evaluation in-country.
Project Cycle Management
- Facilitate the development and implementation of project cycle management;
- Develop a PCM guide, incl. tools and procedures to be used;
- Train the staff to use the PCM guide and related tools and procedures;
- Keep track of all projects and programmes monitoring and evaluation schedules and work with field staff to design and implement monitoring and evaluation procedures;
- Work with all departments to follow up project and programmes databases incl. work on the nomenclature used (official names etc.);
- Follow up the day-to-day workings of the AME Department, including reading weekly monitoring reports and follow-up;
- Ensure that appraisal, monitoring and evaluation reports are made useful for fundraising and add to the general base of field knowledge in the country for all organisations working in the area;
- Participatory Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure that local partners engaged in appraisal for and/or with ACTED are trained and given advice in participatory approaches, minimalizing bias, and other key methodologies for information gathering;
- Work with base and field staff to help design and improve adapted participatory appraisal mechanisms for the projects implemented in the country;
- Manage the AME staff in cooperation with Area Coordinators and Programme Managers;
- Follow up work plans, activities and their quality;
- Work with the administrative departments to ensure that procedures are respected;
- Solve problems and give professional guidance, specially for interns / volunteers;
- Communicate regularly to Programme Managers and Coordinations on all activities;
- Postgraduate diploma in Journalism, International Relations or a relevant field
- Previous related work experience, preferably in the humanitarian field w/knowledge of donor relations
- Experience in appraisal, monitoring and evaluation in the Humanitarian sector
- Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English
- Excellent analystic, writing and communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid; educational level, expertise, hardship, security, and performance are considered for pay bonus
Additional monthly living allowance
Free food and lodging provided at the organisation’s guesthouse/or housing allowance (depending on contract length and country of assignment)
Transportation costs covered, including additional return ticket + luggage allowance
Provision of medical, life, and repatriation insurance + retirement package
How to Apply:
Please send, in English, your cover letter, CV, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit us at http://www.acted.org