Our mission is to work with people living in poverty and exclusion to eradicate poverty by overcoming injustice and the things that cause it.
AAIK is a member of ActionAid International (AAI) Federation. AAI works with over 15 million people in 45 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice.
We seek to recruit a qualified Fundraising Manager – Institutional Partnership Development and High Value
Reporting To: Head of Fundraising
Duties and Responsibilities
Business development support through funding planning, donor scoping, intelligence gathering
- To develop a long term strategy and policies for Institutional donors and foundations (including affinity presentation and cause-related presentation as an integral part of the overall fundraising Programme;
- Facilitate and interpret the donor scoping for Institutional donors and foundations for development and maintenance of engagement plans
- Monitor and analyse the changing donor environment and strategies and advise on effective donor influencing and linkages in liason with International Secretariat Fundraising team and donor owner countries as appropriate
- Keep up to date with professional fundraising associations, donors and media regarding fundraising approaches, tools and skills development
- Coordinate the funding planning process in collaboration with the Heads of Unit and Team Leaders – Partner Support Units;
- Develop donor engagement plans for securing new income by identifying growth areas and opportunities
- Research and disseminate appropriate calls for proposals on relevant strategic objectives priority areas
- Oversee constitution of the proposal development team to include partners as and when appropriate
- Coordinate the proposal development process and review for compliance and coherence with internal policies and procedures, as well as donor requirements for timely submission and successful funding
- Deliver professional solicitation proposals and undertake presentations leading to successful proposal submission
- To forge long-term mutually beneficial relationships with institutional donors and foundations to raise funds though nurturing and maintaining existing relationships and developing an extension and replacement strategy in liaison with the Head of Fundraising;
- To continually raise AAIK’s profile through networking at appropriate events and secure new introductions through donor engagement
- Liaise with funding affiliates/ donor owner countries to support donor relationship management for the related institutional donors and foundations in their countries
- Support the delivery of inception workshops for newly funded projects.
- Liaise with programmes and policy units to strengthen programme visibility to donors through field visits and immersions to show case innovative projects, arranging presentations, invitations to campaigns and other programme events
- Track, analyze and report on fundraising results in institutional donors and foundations’ field and measure, manage and report performance using agreed performance measures
- Coordinate and share information across the federation with the IPD and High Value Fundraising family to influence funding opportunities in favor of AAIK
- Contribute to IPD and High Value core team processes including meetings, planning, reporting, shared learning and other communication initiatives
- Contribute to development and implementation training materials
- Liaise with HR to conduct capacity assessment to guide capacity building plans in resource mobilisation for all programme staff
Appointment to the position will be made from persons who have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies / Social Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized University; a Master’s degree in development studies will be an added advantage
- Satisfactorily served in a comparable position with similar responsibilities in like organizations for a minimum period of five (5) years
- Significant experience of working in institutional funding and foundations (planning, proposal and report writing, securing institutional funding through successful grant applications)
- Experience of working with donors such as the European Union, Irish Aid, DFID, Big Lottery Fund, Comic Relief, UN and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- In-depth understanding of programming issues, resource mobilization including proposal development, donor reporting and managing donor relations.
- Is a member of the Association of Fundraisers in Kenya.
- Outstanding writing skills in English, including concepts, proposals and capability statements
- Ability to coordinate training and capacity building for partners organizations and staff
- Social and personal skills, diplomacy for relationships, networking and maturity or credibility to represent the organisation externally
- Commitment to principles of partnership, solidarity and social justice
- Good facilitation skills and ability to draw coherent project logic from discussions
- Good interpersonal relationships and teamwork skills.
Interested candidates should submit, to The Head of Human Resources Organisation Development and Essential Services, their CV and Motivation letter on or before September 16th, 2016 via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ActionAid is an equal opportunities employer.