African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) is a not-for-profit
Pan-African institution, dedicated for over 25 years to enabling the
advancement of economic policy research and training in Africa.
Consortium’s mandate and strategic intent is built on the basis that
sustained development in sub-Saharan Africa requires well-trained,
locally based professional economists.
agitates the provision of capacity building in economic policy in
Francophone and Anglophone African countries through provision of
support in the areas of policy research and training.
Web related functions:
scan the internet to gather information on issues of importance to the
work of the consortium, such as; economic trends, events in Africa and
prospective donors and from this prepare reports for management.
designing, advanced formatting and transforming of the various AERC
publications and dissemination materials into appropriate formats (PDF,
HTML) so as to optimize for web presentation or printing.
and maintain a dynamic website(s) which would serve the needs of AERC
& its network and produce periodical website performance and status
security of the web by developing system access, monitoring, control,
and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and
procedures; completing back-ups;
with the Publications Administrator to ensure that reports and other
information are posted on the AERC website to provide early and
- Assist with design of AERC publication and other materials
of library materials (ordering, classifying, bar-coding, cataloguing,
indexing and input to the library system) for access by AERC network and
for developing content across owned and earned social channels, this
includes blog posts, tweets, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram,
status updates, photos and videos as well as build and implement social
media programs that ensure appropriate messaging is executed online to
support organizational goals.
- Manage content creation for ongoing social media communications, and optimize content plans to grow engaged social communities.
measurement tools to provide progress reports and mine insights, while
continually finding ways to improve on those metrics through testing and
and engage in organization-related online conversations, and respond to
social media inquiries about online activities in a timely and
- Work closely with programmatic and event staff to create integrated campaigns and conduct strategic social media outreach.
Google Analytics, insights and sprout social and other measurement
tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to
improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
- Pitch stories to the media; field media calls and monitor press and social coverage.
draft blog posts, articles, press releases, media alerts,
communications materials, and other digital material and determine
relevant online and social channels for optimal engagement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in ICT;
- Advanced programming and design skills;
- Web content management and landing page development;
- Working knowledge and real-world experience in planning, managing and executing social media initiatives;
- Knowledge of Digital Marketing current best practices and understanding of Digital production processes;
- Knowledge of media strategy and planning options and the media role in integrated communication;
with social media platforms, including, but not limited to Facebook,
foursquare, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ and Path
you believe you believe you have the qualifications and experience to
match these roles, please submit your application with a detailed CV,
stating your current position, remuneration, email, telephone contacts,
and names and addresses of three referees.
To be considered your application must be received by 30 September 2016 addressed to:
The Manager, Human Resources and Administration
African Economic Research Consortium (AERC)
MEMBANK Towers, 3rd Floor
Jakaya Kikwete Road
P.O. Box 62882, 00200,
For more information on AERC, you can visit our website on www.aercafrica.org