AfriCOG hosts the secretariat for Kenyans for Peace with Truth and Justice (KPTJ).
AfriCOG seeks to recruit a motivated, energetic professional for the position of Communications Officer to ensure effective and professional communication with stakeholders and the wider public.
The Communications Officer will be responsible for supporting the implementation of all matters relating to communications, public relations, advocacy and outreach for AfriCOG and KPTJ.
- Leading the development of a dynamic communication strategy for KPTJ/AfriCOG integrating both corporate and programme communication, media and public relations and relevant branding aspects;
- Maintaining and updating the KPTJ/AfriCOG contact list and list serve and generating information for communication materials such as the monthly newsletter;
- Writing, editing, co-coordinating and publishing of all in-house publications;
- Preparing communication and publicity materials including briefs, presentations, speeches, flyers, newsletters, op-eds etc.;
- Day to day management and enhancement of the KPTJ/AfriCOG website and social media including updating and monitoring the sites;
- Contributing to planning for KPTJ/AfriCOG events in regards to design and production of materials;
- Developing press releases, statements and media advisories in close collaboration with the responsible/relevant programme officer(s) and evaluating media based activities including; monitoring media coverage and providing analysis of coverage as required;
- Contributing to development and implementation of communication and public relations strategies for KPTJ and AfriCOG; and
- Networking effectively and representing KPTJ and AfriCOG in relevant meetings, conferences seminars etc as may be necessary.
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or similar field from a recognized university
- Prior experience in Public Relations, Media or Communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong editing skills
- Self-motivated, creative, excellent organizational skills as well as proven ability to perform multiple tasks
Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A detailed resume or Curriculum Vitae of no more than 3 pages
- The full contact details of 3 contactable references
- A cover letter indicating why you are a suitable candidate for the position
- Two (2) writing samples of no more than two (2) pages (you may include news or academic articles you have submitted or published)
* Must be eligible to work in Kenya
Closing date: 30 Sep 2016