The Association for the Physically Disabled of Kenya (APDK) is a local NGO providing comprehensive rehabilitation services with the aim of empowering persons with disabilities.
The APDK Nairobi Branch, seeks to fill the following vacancy:
Orthopaedic Services Manager
- Supervise and manage all the staff in the orthopaedic workshop department to ensure efficient service delivery to all clients
- Prepare short and long term strategic plans aimed at streamlining and ensuring effective running of the orthopaedic department.
- Prepare Annual budgets and work plans for implementation in line with APDK strategic plans and goals.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial forecasts for the department
- Work closely with the Branch Manager in identifying emerging issues in the department and suggest possible solutions for effective running of the department
- Conduct workshop review meetings for effective service delivery
- Identify funding opportunities for support to the clients and provide proposals for approval in consultation with Programs Assistant and Branch Manager
- Monitor closely daily operations and collections in the department to ensure sustainability
- Maintain adequate records of all clients in the department
- Conduct weekly departmental review meetings for effective service delivery
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, Bi-annaul and Annual reports to the Programs Assistant and Branch Manager Provide monthly work schedules for respective sections for improved monitoring.
- Maintain good public relations with all stake holders and professionally market APDK services
- Develop and maintain good contact and relationship with existing donors and establish new ones to ensure complete sustainability
- Ensure donor demands are met and deadlines are kept to ensure continued funding
- Participate in reflective/clinical supervision
- Any other assignment delegated by management by the virtue of this position
- Possess Diploma in Orthopaedic Technology from Kenya Medical Training College or any other relevant institution
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in coordinating and providing technical support to Orthopaedic services
- Demonstrated management experience in a similar position working in an NGO or Government
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment on disability issues and readiness to work with persons with disabilities across board.
- Have the ability to work for long and odd hours under minimum supervision to meet deadlines.
- Computer literate and ability to work independently
- Experience with donor funded projects and reporting
- Be registered with NAOT
Available to begin immediately
Qualified persons with physical challenges are encouraged to apply
Applications should indicate the position applied for on the left hand side of the envelope.
All application should be send in Hard copy together with a CV including current contacts of three references (one of whom should be the immediate employer), copies of relevant certificates and testimonials and current / last and expected remuneration all to be submitted on or before 13th September 2016:
The Recruitment Committee
The Recruitment Committee
APDK – Nairobi Branch
Westlands Waiyaki Way;
Opposite Oil Libya
Box 46747, 00100