The Association for the Physically Disabled of Kenya (APDK) is a local NGO providing comprehensive rehabilitation services with the aim of empowering persons with disabilities.
The APDK Nairobi Branch, seeks to fill the following vacancy:
- To undertake comprehensive assessment of patients through advanced clinical reasoning and problem solving skills to provide an accurate diagnosis/prognosis of client conditions
- Undertake holistic assessments in order to determine patients’ needs
- Monitor & evaluate the effectiveness of treatments for improvements
- Prepare Annual budgets and work plans for implementation in line with APDK strategic plans and goals.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial forecasts for the department
- Maintain adequate records of all clients in the department
- Conduct weekly review meetings for effective service delivery
- Identify funding opportunities for support to the clients and provide proposals for approval in consultation with branch Programs Assistant and the Branch Manager
- Monitor closely daily operations and collections in the department to ensure sustainability of the clinic
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, Bi-annual and Annual reports to the Programs Assistant and Branch Manager
- Maintain good working relations with all stake holders and professionally market the clinic services
- Prepare timely donor reports for sharing with the Programs Assistant, Branch Manager and National Office before submission
- Participate in reflective/clinical supervision
- Any other assignment delegated by management by virtue of this position
- Basic Diploma in Physiotherapy from Kenya Medical Training College or any other relevant institution
- At least 3 years relevant working experience coordinating and providing technical support in Physiotherapy services
- Demonstrated management experience in a similar position working with an NGO or Government
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment on disability issues and readiness to work with persons with disabilities across board.
- Have the ability to work for long hours to meet deadlines.
- Computer literate and ability to work independently
- Experience with donor funded projects and reporting
- Be registered with Kenya Society of Physiotherapists
Available to begin immediately
Qualified persons with physical challenges are encouraged to apply
Applications should indicate the position applied for on the left hand side of the envelope.
All application should be send in Hard copy together with a CV including current contacts of three references (one of whom should be the immediate employer), copies of relevant certificates and testimonials and current / last and expected remuneration all to be submitted on or before 13th September 2016:
The Recruitment Committee
The Recruitment Committee
APDK – Nairobi Branch
Westlands Waiyaki Way;
Opposite Oil Libya
Box 46747, 00100