Position summary: The Assistant Front Office Manager primarily supervises front office team members to ensure efficient and smooth operations for producing excellent feedback and guest satisfaction.
- Ensure Outstanding customer care at all times.
- Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Courteously and accurately answers inquiries from potential guests and accepts hotel reservations.
- Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
- Supervise daily shift process ensuring all team members adhere to standard operating procedures.
- Train, direct the work of, resolve issues/problems and coach and counsel the front desk team members to ensure a quality operation.
- Resolve customer issues, complaints, problems in a quick, efficient manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality service.
- Adhere to company credit limit / floor limit policies.
- Allocate rooms to expected arrivals after checking the guests’ preferences and special requests.
- Build strong relationships and liaise with all other department’s especially housekeeping, reservations etc.
- Cross Check all billing instructions are correctly updated
- Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel bank agreement policy.
- Supervise the operations of the front desk to ensure an optimal level of service and hospitality is provided to the guests.
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
- Ensure Front office log book and hotel log book is always updated and actioned upon.
- Ensures safety by following guest check in and security procedures and reporting suspicious activity to security, manager.
- Participate in hotel committees and task force assignments.
- Assist all departments in servicing the guests during high volume periods.
- Takes responsibility in the absence of Front office manager
- As a supervisor you will be a role model, sharing your expertise and continually inspiring the front office team.
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
- Experience of motivating and leading a winning team.
- Ability to remain calm whilst under pressure.
- Knowledge of Fidelio System is required.
- Degree or Diploma in Hospitality Management or another related field is an asset.
- Computer Knowledge and experience in MS office programs.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years work experience as Front Office Associate / Front office cashier in a hotel.
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2433”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2433 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 26th September 2016
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.