Sheer Logic is seeking to engage dynamic individuals for the Barley Sales Representative position for our client.
Job Purpose: Barley and Malt are the principal raw materials used in the manufacture of beer and our client has the strategic role of providing competitively priced brewing raw materials to meet EABL supply requirements.
Our client is currently holding an excess of 3,000 tons of feed Barley with a potential to generate another 5,000 tons from the existing stocks of adjunct Barley.
The feed barley industry in Kenya is not fully exploited especially with the growth of the dairy farming sector.
The purpose of this role is therefore to exploit the potential in the feed Barley industry and establish a structured feed segment which will generate more revenue while releasing the excess working capital held in the stocks.
This role works closely with the Agricultural team, Quality team, Finance team and customers in a compliant way.
Key Result Areas
- To explore the animal feed industry in Kenya and understand the farmers requirements/Preferences.
- Partner with the Quality team at to fully understand the nutritional values of the Feed Barley produced.
- To create customer awareness of the Feed Barley nutritional values as above.
- Create demand and sell over 1,000 Tons of Feed Barley per Month.
- Formulate long term strategy to penetrate the animal feed industry in Kenya.
- Explore the Hydroponic Barley process to create awareness and demand for the same.
- Partner with other animal feed producers in order to introduce Barley as a supplement to other sources like Maize and Wheat.
- Follow up on collection of funds for customers buying on credit.
- Manage relations with all customers in a compliant manner.
- To provide insight, market direction and innovations to the leadership team.
- Work in a compliant way as required by the Diageo code of business conduct.
- Degree in Agriculture
- Basic knowledge in sales and marketing
- At least 2 years’ experience in agribusiness, and/or animal feed industry. Experience in selling and marketing industrial products.
- Clean driving licence.
- Knowledge of MS office applications, MS excel Power point, outlook and Ms Word.
- Ability to influence new customers and business leaders.
- Ability to manage working pressure and deliver results to scheduled deadlines.
- A strong team spirit and Good verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of personal integrity and total commitment to duty at all times.
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 26th September 2016 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly marking –The position on the subject line
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Barley Sales Representative”- Failure to do so will lead to automatic disqualification