Position: Packaging Supervisor – Bread
No. Required: 2
Nature of Job: Full time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining a culture of safety within the packaging area and is responsible for team members’ safety
- Supervising the packaging team in the bakery
- Scheduling the packaging shifts
- Coordinating work well from the bakery to the packaging line
- Ensuring target and piece work are met
- Adhering to KAIZEN working policy
- Ensuring training participation for all packaging employees
- Ensuring quality packaging
- Enhancing teamwork among the packaging team
- Quality control on packaging line matters including: batch numbers, expiry dates etc.
- Assisting in the creation of standard operating procedures/guidelines and communicates such rules to staff
- Performance manages staff as appropriate
- Coaching and develops packaging line staff
- Guarantees the daily start-up and cleanup procedures on all assigned packaging stations take place.
- Minimizing waste by monitoring and controlling process and equipment performance
- Maximizing output by reducing downtime through monitoring and controlling changeover, maintenance and breakdown time.
- Managing employee overtime, and scheduling.
- Working with staff to ensure a clean and tidy working environment.
Key skills, knowledge and Abilities
- Over five years’ experience in a busy packaging department as a supervisor
- Those who have worked in the bread industry will have an added advantage
- High school certificate
- Flexible to work in alternate shifts
- Good communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing/production and warehouse operations
- High level of professionalism.
- Ability to identify problems, and present solutions autonomously
- Ability to lead and motivate a crew of Packaging Line employees to accomplish any task
- Ability to instill high level of morale
- General knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions associated with work
- Ability to distinguish color for safety signs.
If you meet the above requirements apply with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted