Vacancy: Unit Manager – Insurance
We are seeking to fill the 2 vacancies as follows;
- Unit Manager – Kitengela Branch (1) – Should reside in Kitengela and its environs
- Unit Manager – Nairobi (1)
The individuals should be proactive and self-driven. They should have experience in recruiting and developing a high caliber team capable of meeting their individual and company targets.
The individual should also be good selling insurance products and will also be expected to sell and meet a given personal target.
The main role of a Unit Manager will be to ensure that high production targets are met through a team of Financial advisors and his/her personal production.
Key roles will include;
- Identify, recruit and retain high caliber financial advisors and meet the unit recruitment requirements
- Develop a high caliber, highly motivated, disciplined and productive team of 15 or more capable of meeting their individual and company targets.
- Meet and exceed targets allocated to the unit on all lines of business.
- Co-ordinate, supervise and motivate Financial Advisors in the unit and ensure that company policies and procedures are observed and performance standards regarding profitability and efficiency are attained within the set deadlines.
- Training: To give effective field training for all Financial Advisors in the Unit.
- Professionalism: Promote and project in all sales activity a high degree of professionalism within the unit.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant professional qualifications in areas such as education, marketing, economics or finance and accounting with a strong flair for sales. Computer literate (evidence required)
- Proven experience and success as a team manager in insurance sales will be a definite advantage;
- A high sales drive and a strong will to succeed with ability to manage others;
- Mature, confident, articulate and with strong communication skills;
- Results oriented with ability to work under strict deadlines and meet sales targets;
- Well groomed, presentable and strong interpersonal skills;
How to Apply
If this position is of interest to you, please email your detailed curriculum vitae and covering letter explaining how you would meet the demands of this challenging position giving full names and contacts of 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be received not later than Friday, 14th October,2016.
In the event you do not hear from us by 1st December 2016, please consider your application unsuccessful as only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.