Sales & Marketing Manager
Our client is an establishment operating a 3-Star budget hotel with 61 rooms located along Waiyaki Way, Westlands area.
We are seeking applications from highly energetic, dynamic and well exposed candidates who are available to fill the position of a Restaurant Manager, who will be reporting to the General Manager.
Purpose: Markets products by developing and implementing marketing and advertising campaigns; tracking sales data; maintaining promotional materials inventory; planning meetings and presentations; maintaining databases; preparing reports.
Plan, direct and implement Sales strategies and programs to achieve or exceed the sales objectives for the company
- Maximize occupancy and average rate of hotel through creative and selective selling.
- Adhere to Peabody grooming standards and exemplify Peabody Service Excellence
- Maintain confidentiality of guest and associates information and pertinent hotel data
- Ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training
- Direct development and performance of staff and provide timely feedback on the same
- Work well under pressure of organizing and attaining production schedules and timelines.
- Prepare and administer timely Performance Evaluations according to hotel standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental, divisional, and hotel policies, procedures, and standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs and respond promptly to guests’ requests and resolve guest complaints.
- Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Review the daily activities, such as:
- House count
- Forecasted covers for each outlet
- Catering activity
- VIPs/special guests
- Return business telephone calls and all correspondence within 24 hours.
- Meet or exceed set monthly booking quota in the assigned market.
- Achieve or exceeding set goals in sales, profit and occupancy for the total hotel operation.
- Creation of work-plans to facilitate and execute cost-effective and productive sales trips into assigned territory to improve and increase our penetration of that market.
- Qualification and solicitation of existing and new accounts through:
- Personal visits
- Telephone calls
- Written correspondence
- Participation in promotional events
- Participation in industry and community events, as well as trade shows
- And providing daily reports on the same.
- Promptly respond (within 24hours) to all inquiries, prospects, and tentative or definite business.
- Interact with customers during meetings or conventions on the property through:
- Exit interview for referrals
- Participation in pre and post-convention meetings
- Regular contact with future definite meetings.
- Update and maintain recording system including:
- Creation of files as per Peabody’s SOPs
- Maintenance of file system
- Following policies and procedures in detail with respect to files and appropriate forms (Definite Booking Summary, Booking Recaps with memos and comments, and log of calls) filled out completely and accurately
- Submit monthly action plan and revenue reports to management.
- Submit monthly industry trend reports to inform management on strategic planning for the organization.
- Maintain accurate Delphi computer information on all new and ongoing leads and accounts, including solicitation efforts and maintain up to date traces on all accounts.
- Maintain and follow OSHA regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Professional Certificate in Sales & Marketing
Skill / Knowledge
- Fully IT literate
- Excellent oral & written communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Ability to comprehend P & L, budget reports, and write commentary
- Able to use the Delphi System for data retrieval
- Minimum of two years in a similar role in a hotel, Media or FMCG industry
- Be A Team Player
- Be An Excellent communicator
- Be Self-motivated
- Be Creative
- Be Flexible
- Have Integrity
- Have Ethics
- Be Passionate
- Be Punctual
- Have Proper Time Management
- Pay Attention to Detail
How to Apply
To apply, email your cover letter, a copy of your updated resume and state your current salary and benefits package and send to email@example.com the position on the subject area.
Applications must be sent by 30th September 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.