Job Purpose: To sell Individual Life, Pensions and Group Life business to existing and potential customers of the CBA in collaboration with the bank branch team by profiling the customers, establishing their insurance needs, engaging them with the relevant selected products with the objective of selling to them.
Key Result Areas
- Ensure the agreed retail and group revenue budgets (targets) are met in the assigned bank branches by engaging walk in customers as well as working closely with the branch team in order to get referrals and close the business.
- Build a strong client relationship by acting as an interface between the bank customers and our client.
- Continuously train the bank branch staff on selected products, documentations and processes so as to create awareness and increase consumption of these products by the staff and their customers.
- Ensure that all customers have accurately completed the required forms and that there is proper documentations.
- Responsible for timely and smooth movements of documents from the bank to our client and vice versa.
- Prepare accurate and timely weekly and monthly production reports and any other reports as required by management.
- Attend all relevant bank branch meetings so as to integrate well with the staff.
- Gather market intelligence on competitor information & market trends in order to identify new business opportunities, contribute towards customization of existing products and even the development of new ones.
- A Degree in a business related field or Actuarial Science.
- At least 2 years experience in the banking industry preferably in sales or business banking.
- Professional qualifications in banking will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of bank legislation and policies.
- Knowledge of Insurance will be an added advantage.
- Excellent business communications and negotiations skills
- Highly presentable with excellent presentation skills
- Excellent Business Acumen
- Good report writing skills
- Good decision making and problem solving abilities
- Good understanding of the dynamic banking sector
- Advanced knowledge in MS office
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Business Development Executive”- Failure to do so will lead to automatic disqualification