Job Summary: Our Client is in the business providing advanced Pre-hospital emergency medical services including medical care and transportation to patients with illnesses and injuries on a Commercial basis as well as under Corporate Social Responsibility, in fulfilling their objectives; they are in search of Business Development Manager.
- Internal Advisor providing Business Development expertise
- A member of the management team
Manage the Business Development Team
- Making every effort to maximize both present and long term sales and gross profits.
- Keeping face-to-face contact with the sales team and staying current on financial data.
- Plan, organize, direct and control the sales team to meet set objectives and use these to help the sales team maximize their potential.
- At the beginning of each month, counsel with each salesperson to establish realistic sales objectives for the month and action plan.
- Though team involvement, establish a sales objective for the department each month and submit it to the general manager.
- Achieve forecasted sales by following (and, if necessary, adjusting) the written plan of action.
- Monitor each sales leader’s daily performance and compare it with that month’s objective.
- Constantly monitor changing customer needs & Assist in the development of new products and services
- Manage customer relationships to ensure continued business and good corporate image
- Assist the sales team prepare sales quotations as requested by clients
- Carry out product presentations at customer premises, conferences and exhibitions
- Provide feedback from members and potential customers to enhance product performance and service delivery;
- Identify opportunities for new products and for enhancement and development of existing products;
- Monitor and report on the activities of competitors and potential collaborators and identify business opportunities and threats;
- Understand the market in which the company operates and how the company’s products and services are used within that market;
- Ensure effective distribution and dissemination of marketing materials to Organisation target market to meet brand awareness objectives.
- Contribute to strategic planning by providing timely Market intelligence to ensure informed decisions.
- A member of the management team providing Technical, Advisory and Strategic service to Line Management and Staff whilst ensuring consistency and best practice in overall Financial management
- Supervises the Assistant Accountants and the Accounts Assistants.
- Implement business development strategies to meet set targets.
- Ability to work unsupervised and handle pressure
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to develop, monitor and maintain management information systems and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to lead and to contribute to the team.
- High level of integrity and honesty
- High Emotional Intelligence and enthusiasm needed to motivate a team to performance •
- Bachelor Degree preferably in Business Management or the equivalent from a recognized university,
- Membership to a relevant professional body
- Knowledge and experience in working with CRM
- At least five years’ work experience
- Proficiency in spreadsheets
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other not relatives) should be submitted to email@example.com by 29th September 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Business Development Manager”