The Role: S/he will work to improve the organization’s market position and achieve financial growth.
The successful candidate will define long-term organizational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- To prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients.
- Plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company.
- Develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
- To grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
- Work with mid and senior level management, marketing, and technical staff.
- He/she may manage the activities of others responsible for developing business for the company.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Attend industry functions such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
- A degree in Business or relevant field, at least 5 years of sales or marketing experience in a manufacturing set up.
- An MBA would be preferred
How to Apply
Qualified and Eligible candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email being BDM
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted