Objective: The incumbent of the position will report directly via dotted line to the Chief Operations Officer (COO) to establish, enforce and help implement regional, country and local partner compliance standards with regard to programmatic and financial accountability requirements.
- Act as “hands-on” support to ensure compliance, resolve compliance issues and report back to the case specific stakeholders
- Identify, capture and communicate pertinent information, under tight deadlines, in a form and time frame that enables management to take due action
- Implement and manage the issue resolution process of red flags and internal audit critical project incidents in the region of operation and report back results to internal audit
- Draw a list of lessons learnt after a resolution process and include them into the project monitoring/internal compliance process
- Embed control activities in policies and procedures that help ensure that management directives are clearly stated
- Participate in the development of programmatic and financial accountability standards led by the COO as well as with other compliance managers
- Communicate to and train staff at regional, country and partner level on CBM´s programmatic and financial accountability standards in order to avoid past compliance issues
- Identify and analyse compliance risk on an on-going basis and report to the COO and Regional Director on specific cases and general trends
- Facilitate the establishment of a compliance environment that sets the tone of CBM integrity, commitment to competence, management philosophy and implementation of remediation actions
- Establish a process that assesses the quality of the system’s performance over time to track and monitor the occurrence of compliance issues
- CPA or equivalent professional qualification, MBA, Master’s degree in Finance and/or Compliance or related field;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in professional audit, compliance and related risk management, in a functional responsibility or in a management position;
- Knowledge of CBM or similar organisations and their respective field and regional operations;
- Extensive experience working in the field;
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment and with multiple stakeholders.
- Technical expertise
- Establishing focus
- Analytical and forward thinking
- Personal credibility
- Building collaborative relationships
- Providing motivational support
- Knowledge of MS Navision, Office and SharePoint solutions, accounting software QuickBooks, Dac Easy
- Very good knowledge of English. Knowledge of French and/or Spanish would be advantageous
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experience, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit in English via e-mail, a meaningful cover letter, CV and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 30 Sep 2016