Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Contracts and Grants Officer
Location: Siaya County
Overall Job Function: Reporting administratively to the Program Director and functionally to the Contracts and Grants Manager, this role shall coordinate sub grant management (from solicitation to close out), capacity building partners to enable them effectively manage grant, (through roving accountants and HR assistants) in compliance to donor expectations and organisations rules and regulations.
- Coordinate the development of sub awards, amendments and modifications in liaison with the Grants Manager and the program management team
- Verifying the accounting records and project expenses of the sub awardees to ensure accurate financial reporting and compliance with CHS and donor requirements.
- Maintain and update the quarterly pipeline report for the sub awardees and submit this for review by the grants manager
- Prepare and package cost share documentation and submit quarterly cost share reports for various grants as applicable.
- Monitoring management of disbursed funds by carrying out financial site visits and physical verification of assets in custody with the sub grantees
- Support sub grantees to comply with relevant local laws in the course of project implementation and training the sub grantees to understand the terms and conditions of the sub award.
- Support sub grantees during preparation for external project audits by ensuring document adequacy and their readiness.
- Carry out pre-award assessments for potential sub grantees and submit a pre-assessment report to the Grants Manager for review
- Provide budgeting support during grants proposal writing as well as costing annual work plans for various grants during program implementation
- Assist and support sub grantees on successful close out procedures as per donor requirements and CHS policy
Qualifications and skills required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or its equivalent.
- Professional qualification in CPS (K) or a diploma in LLB will be an added advantage.
- Three years relevant experience in sub award, grants management and reporting within the NGO sector
- Experience in working with county health structures and US government health-funded programs
- Excellent writing, communication interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work in a team
- A good understanding of budgeting, financial accountability and financial reporting and general numeracy.
- Basic computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, power point presentations, and the internet.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the job title and reference number on the subject line, on or before 5:00PM on Wednesday, September 14, 2016.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification