Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Data Officer
Location: Siaya County
Overall Job Function: Reporting to the Data Manager, the Data Officer will be responsible for the documentation and timely reporting of CHS activities at CHS-supported health facilities in the Shinda Project.
- Coordinate sub County level M&E/Data activities for HIV care and treatment, testing and counselling, Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT), Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC), and community engagement
- Contribute to the development and implementation of M&E data tools for MoH and CHS program areas
- Review and verify accuracy of MoH and program data for NASCOP, PERFAR and other stakeholders
- Work closely with County Health Management Team (CHMT) to compile monthly and quarterly reports as required
- Support in the implementation and maintenance of facility level patient databases
- Build capacity through training and mentorship programs for all providers in the facilities under the sub county supported
- Participate in stakeholders activities to ensure incorporation of M&E/data activities into programs for HIV prevention, care and treatment within the sub county and county level
- Work closely with sub county health records officers (SCHRIO) to manage sub county data quality and ensure all the facilities utilise data for decision making
- Attend designated M&E/data meetings at the national, county and sub county level
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in statistics, computer/IT studies, epidemiology or mathematics
- At least two years relevant experience in similar/related position in a PEPFAR funded program.
- Experience in working with MoH systems and HIV-related reports
- Strong Data management and analysis skills
- Strong SQL Data management skills
- Proficiency in computer packages for generating and analysis reports. Experience in use of visual analytics tools is an added advantage
- Expert skill level in the use of health aggregate databases (MoH DHIS2 & DATIM)
- Proficient in statistical analysis packages (SPSS/STATA/R etc)
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the job title and reference number on the subject line, on or before5:00PM on Wednesday, September 14, 2016.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification