Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Data Manager
Location: Siaya County
Overall Job Function: Responsible for providing technical support for developing a centralised computer-based record keeping/HMIS system to manage facility/patient information from CHS-supported facilities
- Ensuring mentorship of CHS staff and facility staff on the use of the system for effective and timely update of the system.
- Start-up and implement computerisation in new sites identified by the M&E Advisor
- Providing oversight for successful data management including support of computer application/database development that will ensure management, organization, storage and easy access of information from care and treatment sites supported by CHS
- Supporting collection, cleaning and data entry
- Tracking and managing the flow of facility level/patient and other data to and from CHS-supported facilities
- Ensuring completeness, accuracy and consistency of the data so that it meets standards of quality expected for reporting
- Supervising installation of the system into computers at sites
- Conducting database audits according to SOPs
- Monitoring the performance of the database and improve its tools and services effectiveness
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer studies, statistics, epidemiology or mathematics
- At least two years relevant experience and advance skills in Ms Access application development & programming skills; EpiInfo, SPSS; Data quality assurance; Ms Office
- Familiarity with database management system and principles
- Familiarity with data coding of SOP and coding dictionaries
- Excellent data management and computer programming skills using Visual Basic/SQL
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the job title and reference number on the subject line, on or before 5:00PM on Wednesday, September 14, 2016.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification