Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Grants / Program Accountant
Location: Siaya County
Overall Job Function: Reporting administratively to the Programs Director and functionally to finance, this role will review, prepare and file field project reimbursements to ensure they meet the cost principles, are within the budget parameters and comply with both donor and CHS internal policies.
- Consolidating monthly, quarterly and annual donor reports and reconciliations for donor funded projects in the region
- Ensure financial compliance with the donor contracts for projects assigned and all projects;
- Preparing and submitting donor reports for assigned projects
- Support fundraising by getting involved in proposal writing and budget development
- Coordinating management of the partners working in various projects in terms of partnership assessments, grants advancing & follow up and capacity building
- Evaluating and processing cash requests for all projects and ensuring funds are available for project implementation
- Ensuring proper filing of all project documentation
- Reviewing partners financial reports and documentation
- Carrying out grants management induction for all new staff and grants management training
- Supporting external and internal audit for donor funded projects as well as partners
- Any other lawful duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Have a Bachelor of Commerce degree or Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognised University
- Is a CPA (K) holder or its equivalent
- Training in donor grants management and reporting will be an added advantage
- Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant work experience in an INGO
- Have demonstrated high understanding of finance and accounting matters
- Have rich experience in program and projects financial management
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the job title and reference number on the subject line, on or before 5:00PM on Wednesday, September 14, 2016.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification