Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of HIV Testing Services (HTS) Officer
Location: Siaya County
Overall Job Function: Reporting to the Senior Program Officer, the HTS officer will strengthen the implementation of HIV testing services (HTS) in CHS-supported health facilities in collaboration with county, sub county and hospital management teams at the facilities.
- To oversee the planning and implementation of HIV Testing and Counseling strategies at selected CHS -supported facilities
- To ensure the Provider-initiated HIV Testing and Counseling is offered at all service points (inpatient, outpatient and clinics) at selected facilities.
- To oversee planning and implementation of high yield community HTS strategies in selected catchment areas
- To provide training, mentorship and supervision of HIV Testing services to the HTS providers at the selected facilities
- To oversee the planning and implementation of HIV testing services for families and sexual partners/contacts of people living with HIV (Family and Partner Testing and Counseling [FPTC]) at selected CHS supported facilities
- To implement strategies for referrals and linkages of newly diagnosed HIV infected clients between HTS points and the HIV clinics (CCC), at selected health facilities
- To implement internal and external quality assurance measures for HIV testing services, at selected health facilities
- To improve documentation and reporting of HTS activities at facility level for program evaluation and planning
- A diploma or degree (preferred) in nursing, clinical medicine, public health, community health, sociology, or equivalent health related field.
- At least two years’ experience in implementing a HIV program, preferably HIV testing services
- Training in HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment including HIV Testing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages for report writing and presentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain relationships
- Ability to identify problems, design interventions and oversee their implementation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Ability to train and mentor others
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the job title and reference number on the subject line, on or before 5:00PM on Wednesday, September 14, 2016.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification