Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Human Resource Officer
Location: Siaya County
Overall Job Function: Reporting administratively to the Programs Director and functionally to the Human Resources Manager, this position ensures effective implementation of the HR strategies, policies, rules and procedures.
- Implementation and interpretation of Human Resources policies, procedures
- Capturing of employees information in the human resources information systems
- Facilitation and recruitment, selection, promotion, induction, disciplinary and termination processes in the organisation
- Maintenance of staff contractual documents
- Coordinate general staff meeting and maintenance of open communication culture
- Administration of employee pension schemes and gratuities
- Management of leave, attendance (timesheets) and interdepartmental transfer
- Provide monthly input into the payroll for salary processing ( new staff details )
- Participate in preparation of annual training calendar for staff and monitoring staff training
- Coordinate the implementation of employee welfare and wellness services including medical schemes, insurance, security, work life balance
- Implementation of organisation change processes for optimal and efficient delivery on organisation strategic plan
- Work with the HROD Manager to develop, promote facilitate and sustain an organisational with the organisation with all its constituents parts and partners
- Bachelors’ degree in Social Sciences/Human Resource Management or Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognised University;
- Diploma in HR Management or its equivalent from a recognised institution;
- Satisfactorily served as HR assistant or comparable position with similar responsibilities in similar organisations for a minimum period of three (3) years
- Good knowledge of Kenyan Labour laws and Employee Relations Systems
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the job title and reference number on the subject line, on or before 5:00PM on Wednesday, September 14, 2016.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification