Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Siaya County
Overall Job Function: Leads M&E activities including VMMC data processing and issuing VMMC data performance indicators as per the program expectations.
- Acts as a link between CHS and CHMTs on all health data related issues.
- Provide technical support to CHS-supported health facilities in collection, collation, analysis and reporting of health information to relevant stakeholders using national reporting systems
- Contribute in the review and/or development of monitoring and evaluation tools and systems that are responsive to data needs
- Organise and/or participate in M&E related capacity building activities targeting CHS staff; health facility staff; and other stakeholders
- Work closely with other CHS staff and stakeholders to strengthen systems for monitoring patient outcomes; monitoring quality of care; tracing patients who default; data quality assurance; and data collection, collation, analysis and dissemination
- Provide expertise in developing and/or review of indicators for monitoring and evaluation of program performance
- Ensure timely and proper implementation of the Ministry of Health’s (MoH) monitoring and evaluation guidelines including roll out of new tools in all CHS-supported facilities
- Strengthen data utilisation for decision making at facility and county level
- Participate in research studies that may be undertaken by CHS or any of her collaborating partners
- Provide technical lead in quarterly data feedback to county health management teams and health facilities
- Participate in joint quarterly support supervision of health facilities by CHMTs and CHS
- Provide advice to MoH through participation in relevant technical working groups
- Document best M&E practices and disseminate the same to relevant stakeholders
- Provide lead in timely collection, cleaning and reporting of quarterly and other routine data to donors and other stakeholders
- Respond to ad hoc requests for collection and analysis of data when need arises
- Participate in regional and national stakeholders forums or conferences on health and give presentations during these meetings
- A bachelor’s degree in public health, biostatistics, statistics, monitoring and evaluation, social sciences or an equivalent academic qualification from a recognised institution
- At least three years experience in monitoring and evaluation of HIV/AIDS care and treatment, PMTCT, TB/HIV and HTC programs in Kenya
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the job title and reference number on the subject line, on or before 5:00PM on Wednesday, September 14, 2016.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification