Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Prevention Advisor
Location: Siaya County
Overall Job Function: The overall job function of the Prevention Advisor is to oversee planning, implementation and supervision of all CHS prevention activities in the region including HIV testing services (HTS), referrals and linkages, adherence, psychosocial and prevention with positives.
- To provide technical leadership in the planning and implementation of HTS strategies including identification, family testing and linkage of HIV positive clients
- To provide technical leadership in the planning and implementation of adherence, psychosocial, prevention with positives and community interventions that contribute to achievement of the second 90
- Oversee the development of integrated HIV prevention interventions and work plans and oversee their implementation
- To lead and work with prevention officers in implementation of HIV prevention interventions and strategies
- To ensure that quality assurance systems are implemented according to the National guidelines for all HIV prevention interventions including HTS, APSC and PWP
- Work with the County government in identifying training needs, planning and delivering trainings according to the training plan
- To liaise with relevant stakeholders to strengthen HTS and other commodity supply systems for HIV prevention
- Prepare the monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports for prevention.
- Degree in Health or Social Science, MPH will be an added advantage.
- Minimum four years relevant experience
- Experience working with County/Sub County Health Systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages for report writing and presentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain relationships
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the job title and reference number on the subject line, on or before 5:00PM on Wednesday, September 14, 2016.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification