Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Program Officer – Early Infant Male Circumcision
Location: Siaya County
Overall Job Function: The Program Officer – Early Infant Male Circumcision will be responsible for the integration and implementation of neonatal MC services at CHS-supported health facilities in Siaya County.
The officer will work in close collaboration with the VMMC technical advisor, the Mobilisation and Communication Advisor, Sub County Mobilisation Officers, VMMC surgical and Data teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a liaison person to the Technical advisor, the facility service delivery staff, the clients and the Ministry of Health in EIMC implementation.
- Ensure efficient management of day-to-day sub county EIMC operational activities of the program in order to deliver targets in time and within budgets
- Ensure that the EIMC supplies and commodities are constantly available in the facilities
- Ensure the program technical and logistical systems/procedures are in place, maintained and adhered to so that all support functions are carried out effectively and efficiently
- Work together with sCHMTs and HMTs in ensuring uninterrupted provision of EIMC services at the facilities
- Strengthen health systems to support roll out of EIMC including training, facility readiness, supervision and supply systems
- Oversee implementation of quality assurance systems for EIMC through the Sub County and County focal persons
- Liaise with the mobilisation team to implement demand creation strategies that ensure constant client flow for EIMC teams
- Ensure EIMC guidelines and protocols are well followed by the facility EIMC teams
- Prepare monthly EIMC service delivery budget, monthly summary operations report and quarterly comprehensive operations report for the sub county.
- Ensure maximum integration of EIMC services into the MNCH services in CHS supported health facilities within the County
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor
- Degree or Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Nursing
- At least three years’ experience conducting VMMC Surgeries
- Trained and certified as VMMC surgeon
- At least three years’ experience coordinating VMMC Program activities
- Knowledge of EIMC implementation strategies
- Two years’ experience coordinating VMMC Program activities
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the job title and reference number on the subject line, on or before 5:00PM on Wednesday, September 14, 2016.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification