Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Quality Improvement Advisor
Location: Siaya County
Overall Job Function: Reporting to the Program Director, the Quality Improvement Advisor will closely work with the program technical staff and the rest of the program implementation team to support teams to effectively implement, document and report Quality Improvement activities.
- Building capacity for QI coaching at project supported sites by closely working with the project QI teams to plan for and implement activities aimed at institutionalising the use of QI methods to improve service delivery and client outcomes through training, on-site coaching and support supervision
- Support needs-based quality improvement capacity building for community based HCT while supporting them in providing leadership to improvement initiatives
- Work with health facilities to apply QI approaches to routine facility practices to bridge performance gaps
- Support MoH to establish systems for continuous learning and implementation of continuous Quality Improvement methods as well as the spread of successful innovations throughout the health sector
- Work with the MoH to improve the competency and capability of health workers by strengthening quality training programs, including advocacy for quality improvement within core curricula for health providers
- Assist the MoH in improving performance of health care providers by applying evidence-based innovations and continuous monitoring techniques including proficiency testing and point of care CD4
- Convene and conduct quality improvement performance review meetings and other fora needed to achieve the project objectives
- Assist with the design and oversight of learning sessions to facilitate the scale up of improvements
- Work with MoH to establish performance monitoring system for tracking priority QI indicators across collaborating sites to show improvement in HCT processes and care outcomes
- Actively participate in compilation and submission of periodic performance and progress reports
- Work with MoH and Implementing Partners in identifying and communicating best practices in improvement of healthcare delivery through newsletters, training and coaching session’s publication and research
- Document QI efforts and develop QI tools as necessary
- Guide initiation and implementation of the Collaborative improvement effort in the region
- BS/BA in Public Health or related field and five to seven years’ experience in the public health sector (Nursing Degree preferred)
- At least five years’ experience of working with government healthcare facilities in the area of quality improvement
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills in implementation of QI interventions in the context of developing countries and management of QI data and databases
- Experience in knowledge management, specifically in the area of public health/ healthcare
- Good facilitation and writing skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the job title and reference number on the subject line, on or before 5:00PM on Wednesday, September 14, 2016.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification