Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Senior Program Officer
Location: Siaya County
Overall Job Function: The Senior Program Officer (SPO) will be responsible for providing management and technical support to ensure the implementation of HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services including MER activities in CHS-supported facilities.
Specifically, the SPO will be tasked to support, supervise as well as conduct capacity building activities for program officers and facility staff under the SHINDA project.
- Support the development, and ensure the implementation and routine monitoring of the programmatic annual work plan in collaboration with the M&E advisor and other members of the technical team
- To act as a liaison between the program officers and the technical team to ensure the implementation of all HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment activities at CHS-supported facilities
- Play a lead role in capacity building activities such as didactic trainings, CMEs and CSMs to CHS program officers and MOH staff in supported facilities
- To liaise with the Ministry of Health, County Department of Health and other regional stakeholders to ensure that the program is implemented in compliance to the national guidelines
- Represent CHS at Hospital, County Health Management Team meetings to promote and communicate program priorities
- To contribute to budget preparations as well as to monthly, quarterly and semi-annual reports in a timely and accurate manner
- To review the analysed quarterly facility programmatic reports and provide feedback to the technical team and correlate the program activities with performance of the sub-grants
- Assist with the conceptualisation and design and conduct of operational research
- Additional responsibilities as may be assigned by the Program Director
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBChB)
- Having an MPH or MMed degree is an added advantage
- Registered with the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
- At least five years progressive HIV-related clinical experience
- At least three years’ experience working in an HIV related programs in an NGO setting
- Ability to identify problems, design interventions and oversee their implementation
- Ability to work well with others and develop and maintain relationships with project staff other partners, including ability to supervise staff
- Ability to use Word and PowerPoint to develop presentations and Excel for moderately complex spreadsheets
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to email@example.com clearly indicating the job title and reference number on the subject line, on or before 5:00PM on Wednesday, September 14, 2016.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification