Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of VMMC Surgeon
Location: Siaya County
Overall Job Function: Together with the team VMMC surgeon head, participates in the provision of safe male circumcision services as part of a team working in a health care facility.
- Provide quality and safe male circumcision services to clients in the fixed, outreach and mobile sites and facilities.
- Provide STI screening and treatment for clients attending male circumcision services presenting with STI.
- Monitor the health process of the clients and ensure that the national standards are strictly adhered to by the team.
- Screen patients and ensure that they are fit for surgery.
- Manage circumcision adverse events where necessary and immediately notifying the Ministry of Health (MoH) and Program Officer.
- Ensure patient safety before surgery, during surgery and immediately after surgery.
- At the health facility work with the facility in-charge to ensure complete VMMC services MoH integration and that male circumcision service provision runs smoothly.
- At the health facility, conduct reviews and engage the healthcare workers in male circumcision services to ensure their participation and skills development.
- Manage the consumables, STI and equipment inventory and place timely orders for re-stocking of necessary items.
- Ensures that all VMMC protocols and checklists are available at the site and adhered to.
- Be fully responsible and accountable for project resources entrusted upon him/her at the facilities.
- Keep information about clients in strict confidence.
- Ensure participation in CMEs and documentation of the same.
- Any other official duties that may be assigned by the VMMC program officer or any other senior staff.
- Degree or Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Nursing
- Three years’ experience conducting VMMC Surgeries
- Trained and certified as VMMC surgeon
- Two years’ experience coordinating VMMC Program activities
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the job title and reference number on the subject line, on or before 5:00PM on Wednesday, September 14, 2016.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification