Our client, Commercial Bank of Africa is a financial services provider licensed by the Central Bank of Kenya to offer financial service solutions and advice through innovative and reliable strategies.
The bank is seeking to recruit a highly ambitious candidate to fill in the following job position in their Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Head of Human Resources Kenya in the Human Resources department, the purpose of this role is to manage and effectively oversee talent development of CBA to ensure highly skilled employees at all levels.
This covers functions of recruitment, human resources development, performance management and organization development support of the Bank.
Key Responsibilities & Percentage Time Spent
- Effectiveness of the hiring systems (policies, processes and tools) in attracting and selecting people with competitive attributes and skills (20%)
- Realization of performance (result-oriented) culture evidently driven by suitable performance management, recognition & reward systems (policies, processes and tools) and leadership development as well as strong Organisation Design support (20%)
- Appropriate development of core competencies supported by training & development strategies and systems that are effective in mitigating impact of high staff turnover driven by labour market environment (20%)
- Effectiveness of talent development structure and systems (policies, process, procedures and tools) in achieving compliance requirements, optimal efficiency, resource utilization and cost containment (20%)
- Quality of leadership experienced in Talent Development section and how effectively that translates into conducive work environment and employee satisfaction (20%)
- Leadership to initiate and manage talent development programmes that support the entire bank; and to nurture and sustain employee satisfaction within Talent Development team.
- Knowledge and experience in modern Human Resource Development practices to initiate and implement tactical changes.
- Planning and organizing to effectively structure work assignments for optimal performance of Talent Management team.
- Knowledge of various performance management systems and an ability to effectively support performance culture in the Bank.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external), and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Organization development to effectively perform or guide performance of Organisational and Human Resource Development activities/tasks in a manner that consistently achieves high quality standards or benchmarks.
- Organisation Design knowledge to effectively support the process of assessing organisation structures fit for purpose in a dynamic Banking environment
- Change Management skills to effectively drive change as an outcome of the various Talent Management and OD initiatives undertaken.
- Knowledge and effective application of all relevant banking policies, processes, procedures and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks.
- Self-empowerment to enable development of open communication, teamwork and trust that are needed to support true performance and customer-service oriented culture.
- Personal motivation and drive exhibited through commitment to work hard towards goals and showing enthusiasm and career commitment
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- University degree- Upper second class Honors or 3.0 GPA.
- Relevant professional qualification in human resource management development – SHL certification highly desirable.
- At least 7 years’ experience in a Talent Management /HR generalist role with at least 3 years’ people management experience
- Proficiency in use of MS office tools.
- Practical experience in use of a HRIS system.
- Proficiency in use of MS office tools.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject TALENT MANAGER by 3rd October 2016 12:00noon stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.