Position: Boiler Shift In Charge
A leading manufacturer and marketer of consumer products in Africa with a strong East Africa
Position Description: The Boiler Shift In charge report to the Lead Boilers.
The Position holder is responsible for maintaining and supervising heating systems operations, with special responsibility for emergency service, maintenance of equipment, and installation.
The position is responsible for controlling the operation of the boilers, generators and auxiliary equipment in a safe and efficient manner during the assigned shift.
Supervise operators in the performance of their duties when more than one person is on shift.
The number of subordinate operators is determined by conditions at the plant, load, (steam and electrical production) demands placed upon the plant and seasonal maintenance activities.
- Ensures the safety of all employees through effective implementation of the Safety standards
- Directs and supervises the operation of boilers, turbines, generators and related auxiliary equipment on their shift.
- Coordinates with Engineering for the production of electrical power including hourly loading, unit start-ups, shutdowns, etc.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots and corrects plant operating problems that arise from shift to shift which could affect safety, environment, reliability, and efficiency.
- Ensures all operating problems are clearly described in sufficient detail to expedite repairs.
- Coordinates work with maintenance and technical departments, both outage and non-outage.
- Provides training on shift to ensure operators are competent in the performance of their job duties.
- Supervise routine housekeeping duties as assigned by maintaining site tidiness and general good housekeeping throughout the plant.
- Ensure reliable operational records are maintained and recorded for historical purposes and to document performance metrics for the plant.
- Participate in mandatory training sessions related to Utility Systems. Act as mentor and conduct on-the-job training of personnel in the department.
- Prepares daily reports of shift operations, facilitates the daily operations morning meetings of management staff and performs operating administrative functions on a shift basis.
- Performs plant performance reviews daily, weekly & monthly including employee evaluation and administering manpower utilization.
- Sets clear goals and standards for performance and holds assigned personnel accountable to achieve them.
- Making job assignments, completing required shift documentation, and directing emergency response.
- Respond to emergency situations immediately and work quickly to correct the problem(s).
- Conduct planned and unplanned maintenance and reactive/life-cycle works in a competent, safe and efficient manner.
- Oversee the operation of boilers/other machines in the plant.
- Supervise operations of the feed hoppers, maintain the correct levels of fuel in the boiler hoppers, mix and level fuel in the log yard using front-end loader and observe the unloading of delivery trucks for unacceptable wood waste
How to Apply
Email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org