Summary: The incumbent will responsible for developing and delivering on the company’s strategic plan for Tanzania in the most effective and efficient manner; while being accountable for the overall performance for the company and for the day to day running and management of the company’s business.
- Lead the planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the company’s strategy in Tanzania
- Build and Maintain effective relationships in support of the company’s business in Tanzania.
- Streamlining our distribution channels, and management of our distributors within the region.
- Ensure effective management of existing and/or possible partnerships between government, civil society and international community.
- Ensure professional development as well as physical welfare of the company’s staff in Tanzania.
- Management of office and finance functions by ensuring compliance of the office with local laws & regulations, BASF policies and procedures as well as general work ethics.
- Assist in achieving proper financial controls in the office.
- Maintain effective communication and relations with the company’s East Africa branch and supporting Business Units
- Ideally seeking a Tanzanian national, alternatively a candidate with a minimum of 6 – 8 years working experience in the Tanzanian market.
- Diverse sales and business management experience at a senior level within a manufacturing environment is essential.
- Relevant completed University degree is required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in relevant industries of which a minimum of 6 years should be at management level, preferably within a multi-national organisation within the Tanzanian market.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the industry.
- Sound financial management experience.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.