Position: Head of HR (Nairobi)
Company Profile: Our client is the number leader of E-Commerce in Africa. They propose a wide selection of goods including electronics, shoes, apparel, home accessories and many more, delivered right to your doorstep.
Job Profile / Purpose: The Head of HR will be responsible for building the HR department in strong partnership with the management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hiring local staff including the whole process (posting, sourcing, interviewing and on boarding) in partnership with the managers and recruitment consultancies.
- Performance Management: Supporting managers on performance management issues and processes (feedback, year-end performance appraisals…)
- Learning and Development: Designing the company training plan and customized training programs for each department,
- HR Development: In collaboration with AIG HR community, implement new HR policies and processes; ensure all company policies and procedures are up to date and in line with current employment law.
- Personnel and payroll administration: Liaising with social bodies, measuring employee satisfaction and identify areas that require improvement. Managing absences, composing staff handbooks, contracts, staff memos, and issuing written offers of employment, promotion etc.
- Office management: (In collaboration with the Office Manager Assistant) oversee IT, logistics (room reservation system, etc.), everyday life (equipment, special initiatives, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong understanding of local employment law and processes
- Mastery of MS Office suite
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Impeccable English, a second language is an asset
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- 10 years experience in HR Management
- Masters from a top business school /HR curriculum
How to Apply
If interested, send your CV and application letter to email@example.com indicating the job position on the job title.