The Extension Services Agronomist will be responsible for;
- Increasing product awareness.
- Develop and deliver product training to sales agents and agro dealers.
- Support out growers.
- Set up demo plots.
- Support promotional and sales efforts in all districts of Sierra Leone.
- Develop and delivery training material on specific products offered by T-Jal enterprises.
- T-Jal sells fertilizers, pesticides, fungicides, herbicides, seeds, farming tools and safety equipment. They serve 24 distributors, numerous retailers and a number of walk in clients in their shops.
- Recommend new products to increase sales.
- Support agents and agro dealers with technical support for utilisation of products.
- Support small holder farmers in product use specifically fertilisers, seeds and agro chemicals.
- Set up and follow up on demo plots in several districts in Sierra Leone where best performing agents and agro dealers are located.
- Support out growers in best farming practices, focusing on horticulture and maize
- Support demo farm days and events for farmers mobilisation activities.
- Train local agronomist on GAP, farmer engagement and demo farm set up.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/Agronomy or related field.
- Focus on tropical agricultural an advantage.
- 3-5 Years of experience in working with horticulture small holder farmers.
- Knowledge of the Agricultural sector and ability to work with small holder farmers.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Supervisory skills and management ability.
- Self-motivation and the ability to motivate others.
- Willingness to work in remote areas of Sierra Leone.
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2407”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2407 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 29th September 2016
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.