Job Purpose: To co-ordinate the entire daily Flowers out grower operations in the allocated area geared at maximizing efficiency of available resources e.g. maximizing volumes from the out grower farmers and optimizing inputs while achieving 100% service levels.
Agronomist Job Responsibilities
- Support out growers in best farming practices, focusing on horticulture (Flowers)
- Support small holder farmers in product use specifically fertilizers, seeds and agro chemicals
- Support demo farm days and events for farmers’ mobilization activities.
- Support capacity development and empowerment approaches
- Planning and organizing the carrying out of famers’ demos.
- Mentor and provide agronomical advice to farmers.
- Knowledge of the Agricultural sector and ability to work with small holder farmers.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Self-motivation and the ability to motivate others
- 1 years’ experience dealing with out growers.
- knowledge of feminist/women’s empowerment actors and issues in Kenya
- Knowledge of and affinity to social inclusion, marginalization, lobby and advocacy
- Degree/Diploma in Agribusiness Studies/Horticulture or any related field.
- written and verbal English
- Valid riding license
- Knowledgeable in global GAP standards especially for EU market.
- Honesty and integrity
If you meet the qualifications above, and is interested in joining a highly performing team, please send your application and CV indicating your expected remuneration, to email@example.com.
These positions are urgent and applications need to reach the mentioned address by 28th September 2016.