Busara Center for Behavioral Economics is a research organization that seeks to improve the understanding of how people living in poverty make decisions and to leverage that knowledge to produce better social outcomes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Kiswahili and English
- Basic computer knowledge and skills (mandatory)
- Excellent communication, individual and group-based exercise facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to recognize when questions are difficult or unclear to subjects
- Bachelors’ degree or college diploma in social sciences, economic, development studies and/or business administration
- Past experience in qualitative data collection and/or counselling- show proof of this in application
- Experience using computer assisted interviewing or ODK is a plus
- Experience in administering phone surveys (mandatory)
- Excellent command of English language
- Have the following qualities: are diligent and organized, have a positive attitude, are active and respectful listeners and have strong interpersonal skills
- Administer surveys appropriately
- Facilitating individual and group-based exercises
- Providing daily reports to supervisor
- Ability to build rapport with respondents
- Coordinating with team members on field activities
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure that the subject line reads: “Field Officer”: REF NO: BU-2016-09-20”.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.