Nairobi Office with Travel across East and Horn of Africa
Closing Date: 28th September 2016
About FilmAid: FilmAid
is an international development and humanitarian communications
organization that harnesses the power and influence of media and the
arts to respond to emergencies as well as promote social change through
dialogue in order to protect the wellbeing of displaced and vulnerable
populations by building stronger, healthier, and more informed
communities around the world.
designs andenvironmental issues. FilmAid’s Theory-Of-Change is based on
the integration of access, creativity and participation, which drive
individual and community change, contributing to positive social
partners with communities, creators, NGOs, Governments, and the private
sector to ensure a collaborative approach to this end.
work falls into the four integrated components: Media Content,
Communication with Communities (CwC), Communication for Development
(C4D) and Skills Development that combine to support program delivery.
produces multiple forms of creative media, which is subsequently
distributed through a variety of outreach channels, ensuring that target
communities are reached.
participatory approach drives individual change, as well as ensuring
community engagement and ownership of all interventions.
Job Purpose: To
oversee the development of new programs; develop close working
partnerships with key stakeholders, donors, and other international and
Kenyan partners, develop guidelines and frameworks for partnering with
Roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review existing programs and other related documents and propose a sustainability and development strategy for future programs.
& manage a partner resource index detailing partner contacts
(Donors and IPs), players in each area of FilmAid’s program response,
program support cycles, networks, affiliations and resources to anchor
the program development strategy.
pursuing, developing and nurturing partnerships with relevant
government offices, civil society, media and all key partners / industry
new programs in Kenya and the region, identify strategic partners
(Including donors) and lead proposal writing efforts for these programs
response to calls for new and regular proposals for new and existing
programs; concept proposals and full proposals with accompanying project
budgets and therefore ensuring that the are filed in time
to FilmAid’s organizational strategic thinking and organizational
growth strategy, working with Country Director, Program Director and HQ
and other country programs
- Hire and manage partnerships and development staff
- Represent the Country Director in agency meetings and other meetings as need arises
- Develop close working partnerships with key stakeholders, donors, and other international and Kenyan partners.
the guidance of FilmAid policy and partnerships agreements, develop
Memorandum of Understanding guidelines and documents for working with
partners through in-kind partnerships.
proposal and messaging around complex, wide-ranging, and far-reaching
development issues, including health, education, protection,
environmental, and other technical expertise subject matters.
capacity of key field management teams in concept note development,
proposal writing and donor relations skills for field based programmes
on behalf of the regional office grants
of Arts in Communications, International Relations and / or any other
relevant social and behavioural science discipline. Master’s degree on
the same discipline will be an added advantage.
- At least 4 years work experience on humanitarian or development sector managing communication and partnership.
- Previous experience in the same capacity.
record of successful, collaborative proposal development, budgeting and
soliciting major donors, corporates, individuals and other NGOs.
- Highly developed communication skills and excellent command of English language, both written and spoken.
- Ability to transfer skills and promote learning to key staff on relevant areas of partnership.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, interpersonal, organizational, and writing skills.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles, including HAP and CDAC standards and values as well as Sphere standards.
- Strategic planning skills
- Program Development skills
- Diplomacy skills
- Financial planning & management skills
- Relationship building and maintenance skills
- Leadership and management skills
- Problem solving & decision making skills
- Performance standard setting & monitoring skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Writing skills
- Use of different social media platforms
and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to
submit their applications with only Cover Letter, CV and 3 references to
Email address: email@example.com by 28th September 2016.
that applicants who send letters of references, testimonials or any
other documents apart from those requested will be automatically
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
FilmAid is an Equal Opportunity Employer.