Location: Muyenga, Kampala
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
About the Hiring Company: The company is a for-profit, social enterprise dedicated to providing safe drinking water solutions at scale.
- Contribute to financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting
- Help ensuring effective internal controls and minimising risks
- Maintain books, record transactions via Quick-books, reconcile discrepancies
- Contribute to monthly close procedures, including bank reconciliation
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Implement tasks across multiple functional areas including HR, procurement, inventory, asset disposition, travel and logistics
- Conduct local procurement, ensuring full compliance with company policy
- Help to manage inventory and all other assets, monitor and report daily stock movements, ensure proper reconciliation on an ongoing basis (weekly and monthly)
- Provide active support to the Customer Service Team and Installations Team as needed
- Pro-actively make recommendations for better work methods for improved efficiency and company profitability
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Procurement and Logistics or related education. Certification in CPM a plus but not required
- 3+ years of relevant experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Self-starter with strong problem solving skills, ability to multi-task, and strong attention to detail
- Must have the force of character sufficient to properly represent the organization’s interests with suppliers and be a person of high integrity as well as team player
- Proficient with Microsoft Office systems
- Proficiency in Quick Books is highly desirable
- Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language
- Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual development
A Cover Letter and a detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2434”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2434 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 30th September 2016
N.B. When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.