Job Summary: Our Client is in the business providing advanced Pre-hospital emergency medical services including medical care and transportation to patients with illnesses and injuries on a Commercial basis as well as under Corporate Social Responsibility; they are in search of a Finance Manager
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Finance Manager is accountable for leading the organization in developing financial and accounting policies, systems and processes, tax and regulatory requirements, payroll systems and processes and financial controls, ongoing financial modeling and annual business plan.
Scope of the Role:
- Internal Advisor proving Financial expertise
- A member of the management team
Financial Management & Reporting
- Responsible for leading the development and review of annual financial plans, budgets & targets with other departments,
- Provide leadership in preparation of accurate financial reports as well as oversee and be responsible for proper maintance of all books of accounts and safe custody of financial information of the organization;
- Provide quality and timely financial information for decision making to the Managing Trustee and the Board
- Manage, review and ensure accuracy and approval of statutory returns for payroll, domestic taxes, and other levies as may be determined by statutory instruments from time to time.
- Set up and continuously evaluate internal control systems in line with changing demands, and ensure they are appropriately designed to serve the best interest of the organization.
- Evaluate audit findings, draw comparisons and analyse data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud or lack of compliance with organisation’s policies and government regulations
- Ensuring asset register is continuous updated and that all assets are tagged
- Monitoring depreciation of assets and monitoring to ensure that this is in line with their expected useful life
- Ensuring the physical asset register matches with the value of assets in Navision.
- Develop and Lead the annual business plan development and budgeting process.
- Lead the quarterly, half year and annual review process.
- Raising approval requests for proposed write off of bad debts before year end
- General debt management by ensuring delivery of customer invoices within 24hrs, and addressing any matters that arise pertaining customer accounts
- Approving all credit notes before being posted
- Debt Collection and efficient cash flow management and General Creditors’ Management
- A member of the management team providing Technical, Advisory and Strategic service to Line Management and Staff whilst ensuring consistency and best practice in overall Financial management
- Supervises the Assistant Accountants and the Accounts Assistants.
- Ability to work unsupervised and handle pressure
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to develop, monitor and maintain management information systems and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to lead and to contribute to the team.
- High level of integrity and honesty
- High Emotional Intelligence and enthusiasm needed to motivate a team to performance •
- Bachelor of commerce degree (finance or accounting option) or the equivalent from a recognized university,
- C P A (K) or ACCA or the equivalent,
- Membership to a relevant professional body
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications
- Experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning system
- At least five years’ work experience
- Proficiency in spreadsheets
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CV, with contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other not relatives) should be submitted to email@example.com by 29th September 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Please clearly indicate in the subject line as “Finance Manager”