Job Purpose: To develop and manage forecast for long range material and production planning while considering current inventory, sales forecast, obsolescence, lead times, product life cycles and production capacity.
- Develop monthly production plans and materials schedules consistent with plant capacity and sales forecast.
- Evaluate actual output against the production plans and prepare reports for the team and management on results, variances and recommendations.
- Develop and implement policies and controls to safeguard the materials planning and production process.
- Determine plant capacity and coordinate machining activities i.e. set-up, runs, downtime and repairs to ensure efficiency of the production line.
- Effectively plan for labor resources in line with shifts to achieve optimum production.
- Proactively review material supply and demand to determine push/pull actions appropriate to impact manufacturing master production schedule (MPS) and supply materials requirements planning (MRP).
- Participate in evaluation of quotations from suppliers to assure pertinent information is available to analyze for best possible price, quality and supply services to meet strategic needs.
- Assess impact to materials availability and production schedule from customer sales opportunities that may affect demand for product over and above the plan
- Review material shortages and stock outages and safety stock levels and recommend mitigating actions. Also come up with the optimum safety stock levels based on seasonality.
- Participate in new product development advising on materials requirements, new models and life cycle predictions.
- Coordinate new product introductions from development planning, test runs, and first production runs.
- Ensure coordination with the Procurement, Production and Sales teams to execute the production plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or equivalent
- 6+ years’ experience in production planning or materials scheduling in the manufacturing sector
- Highly proficient in IT
- Strong leadership skills with proven strategic and analytical thinking capabilities
- Analytical, technical and logical approach to problem solving
- Commercial awareness
Send your application including a cover letter demonstrating why you are the most suited candidate for this role; a detailed CV highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address, and the names of three professional referees by close of business Monday 26th September 2016
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.