Deputy Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
Requirements for the Position
- Have a minimum of a PhD degree or its equivalent from a recognized university
- At least ten (10) years in senior academic and management positions in a university setting
- A strong emphasis and experience in management of academic institutions and programmes
- An outstanding internationally recognized record of scholarship and academic leadership
- A distinguished leadership track record in academic administration and management
- Ability and proven experience in fundraising, resource mobilization and development in similar institutions
- Ability to forge strategic partnerships and linkages with the government, business, development agencies and the wider society
- Have a demonstrable experience in transformative and strategic leadership
- Meet the requirements of chapter six of the constitution on leadership and integrity
- Overseeing academic planning, academic programme review and curriculum development
- Developing and coordinating in liaison with accreditation bodies of both the university and its programmes
- Supervising deans of faculties and directors of schools by evaluating and approving their programme offerings and their hiring and promotion of academic staff
- Supervising budget preparation for academic related programmes and their allocation and re-allocation of funds and other resources.
- Providing leadership in creating and maintaining excellent academic programmes, standards and policies.
Ten (10) copies of the application with a curriculum vitae and a covering letter containing details of qualifications, experience, current remuneration, e-mail address, telephone and names of three referees with their e-mail and telephone addresses should be submitted to the undersigned on or before 14th September 2016.
Applications should be addressed to the
Send electronic copies of credentials in PDF format by email to email@example.com.
GLUK is an equal opportunity employer: Women, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.