- An earned PhD degree in Library and Information Science or equivalent from a recognized academic institution
- Published a minimum of three 3 articles in peer reviewed journals
- At least three (3) years experience as University Librarian or comparable position in a busy organization
- Knowledge in Library Management System
- A registered member to a relevant professional body.
The University Librarian shall report to the Deputy Vice Chancellor, Academic Affairs in carrying out the following responsibilities
- Ensure adequate library and research resources are available to meet users’ needs with assigned budget
- Develop, direct and evaluate the University needs and service quality assessment and survey of the library
- Advise the University Management Board and other users on matters pertaining to the library
- Implementation of University policies and procedures relevant to the department
- Guiding in the selection and acquisition of informational materials for teaching and research
- Planning and coordination of library services
- Formulation, planning and control of the departmental budget
- Formulation and implementation of departmental strategic plan
- Attending to official correspondence and making reports to university regarding operation of the library
- Preparing periodic reports in the user development.
Applications should be addressed to the
Send an electronic copy in PDF format by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
GLUK is an equal opportunity employer: Women, marginalized and persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.