Position: Field Administrator
Responsible to: Field Coordinator
Location: Dadaab (non-family duty station)
The Organization: Handicap International is an INGO specializing in the field of disability and development.
A strong emphasis is placed on empowering people with disabilities through their integration into mainstream development activities and the provision of appropriate health and rehabilitation services to ensure equal opportunities for all.
The Position: Under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, he/she participates to the activities implementation by ensuring the good running of the administration, HR, logistics and financial aspects of the site while maintaining HI standard and implementation of proper procedures in the location.
S/he will be responsible for
1. Coordination of Finance, Logistics, Administrative and HR functions at the field level
- Implementing HI updated rules and procedures on site
- Ensuring that HI is properly registered on site (according to the local regulations) and due partnership agreements or MoU exist and are in line with HI requirements and alert the Field Coordinator in case not.
2. Ensuring proper implementation of HI HR policies and procedures at the field level
- Implementing the human resources policy in Dadaab
- Carrying out the administrative follow-up of all staff in Dadaab
- Monitoring and following up the induction process of newly recruited staff
- Supporting the Field Coordinator in dealing with HR issues.
3. Ensuring proper management of financial resources and accountancy
- Liaising with the Finance and Administration team via a regular and essential transmission of information between them and a validation of financial documents (budgets, financial reports, cash-flow forecasts…) and a verification of the accounts documents.
- Ensuring the procedure of commitment of expenditure is understood and applied by all staff.
- Ensuring the monthly accountancy fully respect HI requirements and quality
4. Managing the administration team
- Supervising the administrative staff by organising and coordinating the team
- Managing direct reports’ contracts (leave, end of trial period, etc.); if the need arises, co-validating
4. Ensuring logistics serve project needs under HI logistics procedures
- Ensuring the HI purchases procedure is properly applied in the site.
- Ensuring all purchases files are properly kept and contain all necessary information
- Ensuring all HI equipment and stock management procedures are applied in the site.
Qualifications and skills required:
- At least a Bachelor degree in Accounting /Finance or any other business related field
- At least a CPA II
- Relevant training in Human Resource Management and/or Logistics an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years practical experience in Finance, Logistics, HR and Administrative management
- At least 5 years experience in NGO environment
- Control and drawing –up of accounts
- Knowledge of IT tools used in accounting and management
- Management of cash flow
- Drawing up forecasts
- Staff Administrative management skills
- Supply chain management
- Stock management
- Vehicle management
- General Services Management
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
Languages: English: read, write and speak fluently
How to Apply
How to Apply
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, kindly send your application along with an up-to-date CV (including 3 referees with their current official contacts) by email to :-
The email subject line should be marked: “Application for Field Administrator – Dadaab Position”.
Please do not send your academic and other testimonials they will be requested at a later stage.
Closing date: 30th September, 2016
Only short listed candidates with the above qualifications and skills will be contacted.
Handicap International is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply