The candidate will head the Sales & Marketing region as well as :
- Plan and oversee the growth of the company’s sales, marketing and branding activities.
- Strive to take the branch to the undisputed leader in the regional paint market and be responsible for enhancing the image and brand value of the company.
- Ensure that all Sales Team members meet or exceed targets/expectations.
- Set examples in areas of personal character, commitment, and work habits and demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- 5 – 10 years of experience in sales and marketing.
- Experience working in the paint, coating or similar industry or FMCG’s is an added advantage.
- A degree (in a related field of study) from a recognized institution.
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales teams.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Customer Relationship Management.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Systems knowledge
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Develop a sales strategy that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Responsible for the performance and development of the Sales Teams.
- Prepare action plans for individuals as well as for teams for effective search of sales opportunities and prospects.
- Initiate and coordinate action plan to penetrate new markets.
- Ensure the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Conduct one-on-one review with all Sales Team members to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of team’s performance.
- Provide timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and activity reports submitted by Sales Team.
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Conduct regular coaching and counselling for team members to build motivation and selling skills.
- Maintain contact with all dealers/clients to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Grasp complexities.
- Negotiating and organising skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communication.
- Good motivator.
How to Apply
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2403”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2403 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 30th September 2016
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.