Twin & Twin Trading Limited together with Hivos through funding from Comic Relief are working with Vuasu Cooperative Union in Same, Kilimanjaro region, Tanzania.
The 5 year Gender and generational empowerment with Vuasu Cooperative Union programme will build on the achievements of Hivos’ work with Vuasu and integrate Twin’s 6 pillars of development for smallholder organizations: Gender Justice, Sustainable Agriculture, Business Management, Governance, Quality and Processing and Market Access.
Hivos and Twin are seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Gender Officer.
The Gender Officer will report to the Regional Gender Officer-Hivos and will work closely with the Hivos Programme Coordinator in Tanzania and the Twin team.
The position will be based at the Vuasu Cooperative Union, Same Office with extensive travel within Same and Mwanga districts.
Gender in coffee value chain
- Supervision and delivery of the gender components of the programme.
- Plan and execute gender workshops for champions at union and AMCO level.
- Together with champions prepare quarterly gender programme plans and reports.
- Develop a follow-up action plan for champions and for the gender aspects of the programme.
- Coordination with consultants, Agronomist, Quality and Field Officers to include gender materials into GAPs, business, governance and quality.
- Supervision of the gender champions.
- Program work planning and monitoring gender activities against agreed plans.
- Providing support to associates/consultants.
- Collecting key data to track the performance of this coffee programme.
- Any other reasonable duty as may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
- Diploma or Degree in Gender, Community development, Sociology or relevant fields.
- Proven ability to plan, coordinate and monitor gender programme activities.
- Proven ability to work with financial information, preparing and tracking budgets.
- Professional skills in IT including Microsoft Office, email etc.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in strengthening the gender capacity of producer organizations (preferably in coffee).
- Proven experience in project/program management.
- Experience in program monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Ability to travel within the two districts and East African region
Hivos offers a competitive package based on the candidate’s qualifications.
Like to apply?
To apply, kindly send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are the suitable candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.