The Housekeeper is responsible for planning, organizing, and developing of the overall operation of the housekeeping department.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and supervise the day-to-day operation of the department to ensure service standards are followed
- Handle guest concerns and react quickly, logging and notifying the proper areas
- Actively participate in daily briefing, daily warm up and department meetings
- Ensure room housekeeping attendants are informed daily about priorities in their section
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Report necessary maintenance items
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Relevant Course in Housekeeping
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Proficient in English (verbal & written) essential
- Minimum 2 years experience with above 1 year in a supervisory capacity in a hotel housekeeping environment
- Proven training skills/ previous experience managing a team of housekeeping employees through motivation, coaching and development.
- Proactive with a meticulous eye for detail
- Strong organizational, supervisory and communication skills
- Able to convey information and ideas clearly
- Ability to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
- Work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests
- Must be able to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work well with limited supervision
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for receiving applications: 10th September 2016
* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS/online. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.