- Sell and market the Hotel to potential and existing clientele in order to grow the business in addition to creating and maintaining a positive image of the hotel evidenced through return customers.
- Directs the work of the department heads under his/her supervision by coordinating the departmental objectives.
- Works with the Directors in developing and implementing long-term, annual plans and budgets.
- Approves budgets, general operating procedures and guidelines for the hotel. Monitor revenue, operating costs and overall budget.
- Receives, investigates and respond to complaints from guests and employees ensuring promptness and professionalism.
- Participates in hotel inspections to ensure cleanliness, staff safety and adherence to service and operating standards.
- Obtains all the business licenses required for the operation of the hotel and ensures operations are in conformity with all the statutory regulations in force.
- Preparation and execution of the annual sales and marketing plan together with the sales and marketing department
- Accomplishes a set of administrative duties such as leading and attending meetings, writing reports and memos and other specific duties related to the job function.
- Acts as the lead public relations officer of the unit by cultivating and maintaining good relationship with the local community, police, government officials and representatives of trade associations, etc.
- Promotes team work and cohesion amongst staff and ensuring that all members of staff are treated fairly at all times.
- Ensure proper training of staff and adherence to the Occupational Health & Safety, procedures, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
- Degree / Higher Diploma in Hotel Management from a recognised university/College
- At least 5 years progressive relevant experience in hospitality with preferably 2+ years as a head of a department within a 3 or 4 Star hotel.
- Good command of English both, spoken and written
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computer packages (MS Office, Word and Excel)
- Experience with hotel operation systems
- Ability to plan and prioritise projects/ tasks.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Highly organised, proactive and result driven
- Strategic thinker, team player and hands-on.
- Ability to create a vision and mobilise staff towards its achievement
- Emotionally mature, socially engaged and passionate.
- Key: F&B and/Housekeeping background will be an added advantage.
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2367”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2367 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 15th September 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.