Background: I Choose Life – Africa (ICL) is one of the leading Non-Governmental Organizations that has contributed greatly to HIV prevention efforts among the youth in Kenya today.
Vision & Mission: ICL’s vision is to see a ‘Healthy Africa, Empowered People!’ The organization seeks to support to the implementation of Vision 2030 through the cascading it to the Counties.
Job purpose: The Administration Assistant will report to the County Officer, Machakos. He/she will oversee the running of Biashara Centre located in Misyiani, Kagundo Sub County.
Centre Financing and Sustainability
- Generate revenue in the Center. The different revenue streams will include; providing cyber services e.g. photocopying and printing, typing services, agriculture model and supporting the community SACCO.
- Responsible for ensuring the Biashara Centre equipment are handled in an appropriate manner to avoid wear and tear
- Documenting all meetings and activities and sharing the reports and minutes of the proceedings not later than 1 day after the event.
- In charge of books of account in the Center. This will include book of accounts for the business models and the SACCO.
- Responsible for ensuring the Biashara Centre is clean all the time
- Responsible for ensuring that clients are handled in a professional manner, the information provided is correct and clients are correctly referred.
- Client relationship management for savings and loan accounts
- Handle customer issues and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Diploma in Business Management or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year hands on experience in running a business professionally.
- Excellent computer skills and competency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and meet multiple deadlines;
- Detail-oriented with good multi-tasking abilities and communication skills, both oral and written.
Application and contact details:
If you are up to the challenge and meet the above qualifications, we encourage you to write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications should be via email.
We are an equal opportunity employer.