Context: Under the overall and direct supervision of the Information Technology Officer in Nairobi, the incumbent will be responsible for providing daily technical support and troubleshooting of all computer systems with consideration to the needs and requirements of the mission.
- Provide technical assistance in developing, testing and maintaining database, web and desktop applications.
- Assist with needs assessments and data requirements in order to achieve functional and system specifications.
- Assist in the preparation of technical documentation, quality control mechanism and end user’s manual and procedures.
- Providing support of in house produced software (Mimosa, IGator, Amadeus e.t.c)
- Prepare and conduct trainings.
- Providing user support including trouble-shooting tasks.
- Assist the ICT Officer on various projects.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree or Higher in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience; or
- High School/Certificate in the above fields with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Minimum two years of work experience in database development.
- Experience in using Microsoft Visual Studio (ASP.NET and C#), Microsoft Access and SQL Server
- Experience in using SQL queries and T-SQL programming.
- Experience in managing computer networks preferably Windows 2008 R2/2012 Server and Client and hands-on support for MS Office products;
- Ability to follow instructions and implement policies and procedures from his/her supervisor;
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage a large and diverse workload under pressure;
- Ability to work and contribute as a team member in systems implementations;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Accountability – Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Client Orientation – Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Continuous Learning – Contributes to colleagues’ learning
- Communication – Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Leadership and Negotiation – Convinces others to share resources
- Performance Management – Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Planning and Organizing – Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Professionalism – Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Teamwork – Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Technological Awareness – Learns about developments in available technology
- Technical – Anticipates and prepares response to changing IT needs of the relevant organizational unit
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
How to apply:
International Organization for Migration (IOM),
Closing Date: 20 September, 2016
Only Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.